Kintec - 975 Marine Drive, North Vancouver, BC Canada
What: An entertaining and informative evening about how to run ultramarathons by 2 local characters who, combined, have completed almost 250 of them.
- 6:30 sharp - Warm-up with Canadian Olympic gold medalist, Robert Esmie (1996 4 x100m relay). Maybe hold some gold? Mix and mingle. Catch up with your running pals. Meet some new ones. Cook-up some plans.
- 7:15 - Find your stride with Ryne Melcher (144 ultras) and Ean Jackson (103 ultras). These veteran ultramarathon runners, nationally certified coaches and Canadian National 100K team members will talk about their experiences racing distances from 50km to 860km and will share some secrets that will help you run your first, or your 100th, ultramarathon
- How did they get involved with running?
- What motivated them to run their first ultramarathon?
- How did they meet?
- What, if anything, goes on in their heads when they run?
- What were their best, and worst, experiences while running ultras?
- 8:15 - Questions. Get your free copy of Melcher and Jackson's "50 Hints and Tips on How to Run an Ultra"
- 8:30 - Reconvene at the Taylor's Crossing pub where you can share your running adventures with the worn warriors
Who: Everyone welcome. This will be of particular interest to runners who would like to run their first ultra, ultrarunners who are looking for a few hints and tips on how to run farther and faster, as well as anyone interested in being entertained by a couple of guys with some interesting tales to share.
Registration: There is space for approximately 40. RSVP here. Seating first come, first served.
Who is coming: Check out who has signed-up here.