You should receive an email copy of every online registration in your inbox. This is great to see immediately who signed up for your event. However, it is not a good format for a starter list. You can create a starter list directly from your registration page without having to manually type the data.
To create a starter list:
- Login, then go to your Event website and click on the link to your Registration page
- Under the Registration caption you will see link tabs. Click on "Results" (this is rectangular tab, not the link to the event results page - if you end up on the event results page, go back and look for the rectangular tabs)
- A list of registrants opens up.
- Click on "Download" and select "Microsoft Excel" as the export format and "Tab" as the "delimited text format".
- Click on "Download" at the bottom of the page
- All registrations will download into an Excel spread sheet.
To use this spreadsheet as a starter and finisher list you will need to customize it slightly.
Customize your Excel registration list:
- Delete all rows that contain test registrations either from you or Sibylle
- Delete all duplicate registrations (sometimes folks like to hit the submit button twice)
- Delete all rows with information you will not need on the day of the event. You should keep the rows with the sign-up date, First Name, Last Name, phone, email (important), City, Distance.
- Create a new column for sign-in
- Create a new column for times (several, if you record split times or loop times)
- If you know how to do this, you can create table grids around each cell. This makes the table more readable when participants sign in.
- Sort by "distance/event" and then by "last name".
- Add blank rows at the bottom to allow for registrations the morning of the event.
- Save your document to your files as "Year-YourEvent-Registration"
Awarding Points for the point series:
- Now is a good time to award 2 points for all participants pre-registered 2 days in advance, 1 point for participants registered less than 2 days in advance. Folks who sign up and don't show, will earn a minus point! Points are also rewarded for good sportsmanship and picking up garbage. Other points are awarded or deducted at your discretion.
- It's easy to replace the registration date with points using the same column and deleting the date.
Printing your registration list:
- Select the rows and colums you need to print. Don't forget to include a few empty rows for last minute registration.
- Click print-preview, select "landscape" format.
- Arrange the margins and column width to fit all columns on one sheet.