Best you print this and the course description off if you don't want to get lost! Go to the very bottom of this page and click on "printer-friendly version" for best results
|Sunday TBD March 2007|
|7:00?||Get up, Check the weather. Be sure to print off this agenda and the course description!|
|08:30||Arrive at the Centennial Theatre in North Vancouver (map). There is a large free parking lot behind the theatre off 23rd Street. Street parking is limited and the by-law officers give out tickets and call tow-trucks.|
|08:50||Welcome and final briefing|
|09:45||First 10K finisher|
|11:00||First 25K finisher|
|13:20||First 50K finisher|
|15:00||Food and celebration - at the Mosquito Creek Grill and Bar in Westview Mall |
Despite the detailed description and warnings (e.g. If in doubt, read the directions!!), people get lost on the course. Consider it a rite of passage.
This is an informal, environmentally-friendly event. Be sure to print this agenda and the course description and bring them with you as there are no flags, marshalls or other directions. (I recommend you put them in a plastic baggie, as they will otherwise surely turn to mush.) Better yet, train on the course and bring the directions.
Getting to the Start
The start and finish is at the Centennial Theatre at 2300 Lonsdale Ave. in North Vancouver (map). Take the Lonsdale Exit off Highway # 1 and head south (downhill) on Lonsdale. Turn left onto 23rd Street. Turn immediately left again into the parking lot of the Centennial Theatre.
What to Bring?
- own race number (for example, your favorite or most exotic race)
- bring your own aid (if you don't know what that is, better wait another year)
- bring your own official timing system (a watch will do, even if the second hand doesn't work)
- bring a change of clothes and shower stuff for afterward.
- There are showers at the Harry Jerome Rec Centre just across the street from the finish line. Bring some change for the shower drop in fee or your Rec membership card.
- there's no cost to enter if you're a member of Club Fat Ass, but bring a few bucks to buy yourself some junk food along the way and for the finisher party
For those left standing, friends and family a post event celebration
will be held at the Mosquito Creek Grill at 3:00pm. The Mosquito Creek is about 5 min by car in the Westview Plaza at Westview and Highway #1 . From the finish drive north on Lonsdale Ave. Get on Highway #1 west bound. Take the next exit (Westview) and head north for about 50m. Turn left into Westview Mall. Their
telephone number is 604-983-3083. Please note that new license at the Mosquito Creek Grill requires that
finisher party attendees be 19+ years old.
- it's not a race, but we do keep track of your times so you have something to compare to next year
- we hope everyone will run the same course, but won't disqualify folks for getting lost and running extra distance
- this event is not sponsored, sanctioned, permitted or anything else that would qualify it as an official event
- results will be submitted to the the media for the sake of posterity. We often get coverage on the television news. It seems a lot of people think we are nutbars because we do this
- expect rain, some trails, some pavement, some old friends and maybe some new