Sometimes it is better to forge your own path and sometimes it is better to follow the map. Tonight it was better to follow the map but we chose not to. Looking at De Pencier from the first bump we were pretty certain we could see a good route and set off. Getting closers we were keen not lose any height so we kept heading directlyish until we reached a cliff and Geoff and I decided Stetson wasn't going to be able down climb it (being a dog) so we went for a bush wack and got out of the main obstacle without incident. Getting back to the marked trail we got to the summit and got harassed by bugs (they were bad) and then ran back to the car.
Still snow in the shady areas of Seymour, two more hot weeks should clear it up though.