A Flash Event is a one-time event. It is free. It is open to anyone. The only gotcha is that Club insurance does not cover Flash events, so you need to make extra sure you take good care of your guests.
Anyone who is authorized to use the Club Fat Ass "online clubhouse" can put on a Flash event. All you need is a User Account. (See How do I Create a User Account.)
It takes less than 5 minutes to create and share a Flash event:
- Log in
- Click on "Create Content". (On the left side of the main page under your user name.) You will go to the content page where you will be given several options
- Click on "Event"
- Title. Give your event a title: e.g. Flash - Funky Chicken 50K. Be sure to preface your title with "Flash" so it shows up in the list of events as a Flash event
- Location. The nearest town or suburb to the start
- Tag it with "Flash Event"
- Enter the event details. We strongly recommend you use the recommended Flash Event format. (See below.) Be sure to include the disclaimer!
- Press "Save" (Better than "Preview" as you are less likely to lose your work)
- Your Flash Event will automatically appear in the CFA calendar and, if it's coming up soon, also under Upcoming Events in the right sidebar. Admin will post it to the main page about 2 weeks prior to the Event.
Other hints and tips:
- Be sure to check your Flash Event page to make sure it is formatted as you expect it to be.
- If you need to edit the content of your Flash Event page, click on the edit tab at the top of your Flash Event page.
- We strongly recommend you use the "ShareThis" feature to tell your friends about your event. You can find this feature at the bottom of your Flash Event page.
Flash Events are summarized on one web page. Simply copy this format and use it to kick start your Flash Event:
What: What's it all about?
When: Date and time of the event.
Where: Where is the start? What route will you take?
Why: Why are you doing this?
How: How do I confirm I will join you?
Other: Any other information that is relevant.
You are responsible for your own well being and safety and should be self sufficient. Please read the Release of All Claims. By participating in this event you agree to the terms of the Release of All Claims.